Saturday, February 03, 2007

DAVID GOYER OFF THE FLASH

Geez, first Whedon & Wonder Woman,
now THIS......

DAVID GOYER announced:
"Well, I've been waiting a few months to relate this news -- but I am sad to say that my version of The Flash is dead at WB. The God's honest truth is that WB and myself simply couldn't agree on what would make for a cool Flash film. I'm quite proud of the screenplay I turned it. I threw my heart into it and I genuinely think it would've been the basis of a ground-breaking film. But as of now, the studio is heading off in a completely different direction. I expect you'll hear of some new developments on that front shortly."

That sucks! While I haven't read his version, I was quite pleased with his scripts for BATMAN BEGINS and the first two BLADE movies. Also, his co-writing on the earlier JSA issues showed he knows how to handle characters in the DCU with respect.

No comments: