Saturday, July 04, 2009

SOME TOP AMERICAN HEROES (UPDATED)

In honor of the 4th of July, here are some "Top" American Heroes that I could come up with off the top of my head:

SNAKE PLISSKEN
*thanks, Timewaster!
---
RED DAWN WOLVERINES
"... In the early days of World War 3, guerillas
- mostly children - fought alone and gave up their lives,
so that this nation should not perish from the earth."

---
BIONIC WOMAN & SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
"DUN-NUH-NUH-NUH..."
(bionic sound effect)
---
THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
Oddly enough, not the #1 on my list.
---
TEAM AMERICA
Fuk Yeh!
---
ISAIAH BRADLEY CAPTAIN AMERICA
Sole survivor of his test group in Operation: Rebirth.
---
THE EX-PRESIDENTS
"Rock N' Roll!"
---DR. ZIRA
"Gorillas are cruel because they're stupid! All bone and no brain!"
(she was on American SOIL!)
---um... JOHN WAYNE, ROCKY BALBOA,
INDIANA JONES,
JOHN RAMBO, HULK HOGAN,
FREDDIE MERCURY,
CLINT EASTWOOD
& JOHN MATRIX
...

---
FRENCH NAVY
Couldn't have done it without ya!
---
STEPHEN COLBERT
Fighting terrorist bears for your freedom!
---ASTRONAUTS
Cause they rule!

---
BARACK THE BARBARIAN
"What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you,
and to hear the lamentations of their women."

---G.I. JOE
Who, ironically, would now be flagged at the airport.
---EASY RIDER DUDES
"What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about."

"Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right.
But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things..."

---
CLARK KENT
He is what makes Superman a HERO.
---
AL BUNDY
Scored 4 touchdowns in a single game!
Polk High Panthers, 1966.

7 comments:

crookymike said...

Couple of points Jim,
1. Its Freddie not Freddy
and,
2. Freddie mercury? American hero?

Jim said...

Thanks for catching the embarassing typo, Crookymike! It's been fixed.

And why Freddie Mercury? Well it was going to be Flash Gordon, but while I was searching for the pic, I ran across that awesome Mercury pic of him wearing the Flash t-shirt and it made me smile. So I through him onto the list as a joke of sorts.

And this post is very tongue-in-cheek. As I initially began the list, it was more serious and I ran into 2 problems:

1) I found it incredibly difficult to choose just 10 or so real American heroes. As I was making the initial list, I found myself constantly forgetting others & it was beginning to feel like a history exam answer.

2) Many of those now-unused people would be up for debate depending on Readers' political opinions and I wanted to avoid any divisiveness with the post. So I thought I'd keep it light and silly.

oh, I also included a pic of the EASY RIDER DUDES... forgot to include them earlier when I posted.

HAPPY 4TH!

Timewaster said...

You're forgetting the greatest American hero of all - Snake Plissken!!!

Jim said...

Gah!
Nice!

Who else?

Maybe Burt from Tremors?!
:)

MsBoku said...

Well William Katt has released the Greatest American Hero comic book!
He will also be at the SDCC with Michael Pare'

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/catastrophic-comics2

Jim said...

I met William Katt at the SDCC a couple years back when that 'Toon Statue of the Greatest American Hero was released. He's one of the nicest, genuine people I've ever met and gladly took the time to chat with me! :)

Valkaad said...

What about JOEY CHESTNUT????

Thanks to Joey, Americans can rest easy knowing that the greatest Hot Dog eater in the world bleeds red white and blue.