Wednesday, April 04, 2007

PINBALL HOUSE PARTY

This past saturday night we were extremely fortunate to be invited to attend an awesome PINBALL HOUSE PARTY. The gracious host owns over 40 pinballs and opened up his house for us pinball lovers- just bring some food or drinks for everyone. So all night long we, along with about 60-70 others, drank beer, ate food and played pinball (on free play!) all freaking night. There was also an optional Pin Tournament going on; $5 to get in (I opted to not enter and instead just run around playing on my "own schedule", plus I'm a pin amateur). The night kicked ass!!

There were several favorite pins there, including the brand new FAMILY GUY pin, which is unbelievably fun! But it was the old early 80s pin CENTAUR that won my heart. Being a pre-90s Pin, it didn't have the crazy "bells and whistles" the newer ones have (ramps and vid monitors). But I like that era of Pin, so I didn't mind. The artwork was awesome and made me think back to High School, doodling "dark fantasy devil heavy metal" stuff on my papers instead of paying attention to the lessons. I ended up playing CENTAUR the most during the night and would love to own it one day. But its by no means at the top of my PINBALL WISHLIST. The '78 KISS Pin is still my number 1 and I'm jealous WOO has it!! Heh. I won't even go into my feelings of Jason with his NUMEROUS pins at his house. Bastard.

Anyway, here's what CENTAUR looked like:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*pic is from a diff't night, but shows some of the pins. And no, that's not me, nor do I know who that guy is.

No comments: