Wednesday, December 07, 2005

JIMMY'S CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST

Ok, Everyone! The Holidays are upon us! I love the XMas Season.
No, no - not the Jesus Christmas, silly - the Santa Christmas!!!

Today is December 7. By now you should have a tree up, the lights on the house and eggnog in the fridge! Which means its also time to start watching Christmas movies!!! Remember, you don't watch Xmas movies because you're already in the mood, you watch Xmas movies to GET INTO the mood!

For us, there's 5 ESSENTIAL Xmas Movies we MUST watch every year:* CHRISTMAS VACATION (my personal fav Xmas flick)
* THE REF (ooooh, close second!)
* RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSE REINDEER (classic Rankin-Bass animation! A childhood fav!)
* HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (the classic cartoon, not the live action)
* and of course, A CHRISTMAS STORY

So make sure you watch those in the coming weeks, ok?!

Then, if you still haven't had enough, there's always the following... not nearly as good, but still solid fun Christmas movies to keep you in the mood!* A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS (classic!)
* THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL (Xmas Carol + Muppets!)
* THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
* SCROOGED
* ELF (but stop the dvd before the last 15-20min - you'll thank me later)
* JUG-BAND CHRISTMAS! (yeah!)
* A WISH FOR WINGS THAT WORK (Give it up for Opus and gang!)
* and DIE HARD. That's right - DIE HARD.

Now pass the eggnog!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
and if I've overlooked a fav of yours, post in Comments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a Wonderful Life.

Jimmy Stewart.

A movie about hope, and the thought that everyone has something to offer, no matter how small we may feel we are in the scheme of things.

A Classic.

spaceJASE said...

YEAH!
It's a Wonderful Life.

Miracle on 34th Street.
(old OR new!)

White Christmas
(I have a soft spot for musicals)

Our tree is up AND I made a wreath for the fireplace! I need some red garland for my green VW bus! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thought of another one...

"Babes in Toyland" with Annette Funicello

I LOVED that movie when I was little growing up!

Totally agree with "Scrooged" (Love Carol Kane)
and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (my all time favorite #1, be looking for my Christmas card!)

Anonymous said...

Great selections there. My new favorite is definitely "The Happy Elf". It's a new animated film about an Elf trying to bring Christmas to a blue town called "Bluesville". Great for kids of all ages. www.thehappyelf.com is where you can check out the trailer.