Friday, May 08, 2009

STAR TREK: TOP 5 WORST CASTING (MOVIES)

CHRISTIAN SLATER (Undiscovered Country)
He makes a quick cameo as an Ensign who wakes up Captain Sulu to tell him something.

KIM CATRELL (Undiscovered Country)
I love Kim Catrell... but a great Vulcan she is not. Maybe it was the silly hair with chopped-off sideburns.

KURTWOOD SMITH (Undiscovered Country)
Make no mistake, Kurtwood is a badass - he killed Robocop, never forget that. But as the Federation President, he's ridiculous looking.... the silly glasses don't help either.

KIRSTIE ALLEY (Wrath of Khan)
She has the eyebrows, but I never liked her as Saavik. Maybe because I was a Cheers fan and couldn't look past that.

CHRISTOPHER LLOYD (Search For Spock)
No disrespect to Mr. Lloyd, but he's one of the last people I'd pick to be the main Klingon badass to fight Kirk and kill his only son. He's DOC for crying out loud!

*Dishonorable Mention: Michael Dorn (Undiscovered Country) as Worf's grandfather representing Kirk & McCoy on trial? Really, was this necessary? Was George Lucas involved in this story?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, 4 from "Undiscoverd Country"...
Mary Jo Slater is credited for "Casting".

8 comments:

MOCK! said...

Aw, Dorn in Undiscovered Country never bothered me. The others...you've got something there.

Jim said...

Yeah, he doesn't necessarily BOTHER me... he just pulls me from the film - everytime they cut to him, I go "WORF!"

MOCK! said...

Okay...I guess I can give you that ....
However...
"...then how could they be walking?" is a line I use in class all the time...and my fourth graders just stare at me.

Jim said...

HAHAHA! Awesome.

MOCK! said...

That and "What you want is irrelevant! What you've chosen is at hand!" are two of my go to Star Trek phrases in class....

Randallw said...

Yeah, Christian Slater's mother was the casting director. Hooray for nepotism.

allen etter said...

Um...wasn't Kirsti Alley in Trek before Cheers?

Jim said...

Ha, you are right, Allen. I guess I've seen Khan soooo many times post-Cheers that its just stuck. Plus, when I saw Khan in the theater, I was still very young and didn't really pay attention to actors - they were simply the characters on screen.

Llyod is probably the same.