Wednesday, February 01, 2006

DARK CRYSTAL 2

VARIETY has reported that GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY has been signed to direct the upcoming sequel to Jim Henson's 1982 masterpiece THE DARK CRYSTAL. Tartakovsky is best known for being the creator of SAMURAI JACK and doing the kickass STAR WARS: CLONE WARS cartoon series. This is the first good news I've heard about the Dark Crystal sequel! The new film will feature a cast of puppets (sweet!!), but there will also be CG effects. The film's plot is set hundreds of years after the original. Awesome. I can't wait to see what Henson's puppets will look like. They kicked ass in the original and have improved over the years - take a look at FARSCAPE and HITCHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY - freaking amazing puppetry!!

Dark Crystal is one of my all-time favorite films ever! I saw it in the theatre at the age of 7, and to say it made a huge impact on my life would be a tragic understatement! If you haven't seen it before, or haven't seen it lately, please give it a viewing. It's brilliant. I watch it every year. Click here to rent it at Netflix... or even better, just buy it here.

3 comments:

Mr. Legs said...

That's great news! I'm not as angry about the sequel being made now.

Anonymous said...

cool! i love the dark crystal. in fact, i think i'll watch it again tonight!

Lisa said...

BRING BACK THE MUPPETTS!!