Friday, June 19, 2009

FANMAIL: FLASH GORDON

JimSmash Reader "Mr. Grayson" emailed me today:
"Hey, Jim! Last night I went to the Flash Gordon showing at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. Check out the pic - that's me wearing the Flash Gordon t-shirt! Producer Dino de Laurentiis was there, saw me in the tee and actually approached me to shake my hand! Thought I'd share. Feel free to post the pic, but if you don't mind please obscure my face, heh.

Oh, and here's a pic of early concept art for "MOTHER" from that movie ALIEN, which I think you may have seen before. They had it on display there. Later!
"

Ha! Thanks, Mr. Grayson!
---
Here's that Mother pic:Kickass!

3 comments:

jealous bastard said...

I have a friend who worked for Ridley Scott as his archivist. The person had to scan in all old concept sketches from his early films. And of course they made dupes. How fricking rad would that be..

Jim said...

awesome!!!!!

harry said...

Whoa, Mr Grayson has the Flash Gordon physique! I'd look like Kevin James wearing a child's Flash t-shirt.