Friday, August 08, 2008

BEST VENOM EVER ? ?

I think so!

I loved VENOM when he first debuted under Todd McFarlane's pencils. But post-McFarlane came Erik Larsen's crazy take on the character. From there it was all down-hill and I haven't liked the character since that first storyline almost 20 years ago (gah, I'm old!).

In Secret Invasion #3, artist LEINIL FRANCIS YU drew quite possibly the best Venom ever... in my opinion, atleast. I even like that stupid, ridiculous tongue flappin' out of the mouth! So thank you, Yu... for a single panel, I once again enjoyed Venom... alot!

......oh, and btw, Sony's making a Venom movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Venom it's fine but I think I remenber a cover art from Adam Kubert, with Venom on the sewers, hanging down, with green lites or so that was incredible. I can't find now but I think it was one of the best Venom ever.

Anonymous said...

I found the cover art I was talking.
http://www.samruby.com/OtherTitles/GhostRider/spiritsofvengeance6.htm

Anonymous said...

I'll just be happy when the writers can actually figure out what the definition of a 'Symbiote' actually means.....