Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MIGNOLA BATMAN B/W STATUE RE-RELEASE

GOOD News and BAD News....

THE GOOD NEWS: Remember that amazingly awesome MIGNOLA Batman Black-&-White statue that came out several years ago, sold out quickly, and now is nearly impossible to find (and if found, sporting a disgustingly high price tag)? Well DC is re-releasing it for us all! Rejoice!!

THE BAD NEWS: Well, maybe not so much "Bad" as "Disappointing" (disappointing to some , like me) - it won't have the "YEAR ONE" Bat-Symbol on the chest, but instead will have the OVAL symbol. Boooo. And it has a white base instead of black.Regardless of this minor-major issue, I shall be picking up this statue. Hmm... maybe I could could customize it with the "Year One" symbol... hmmmmm... hmmmm indeed!

Look for the statue February 15, 2012.... but I suggest Pre-Ordering asap!

($95)

4 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

They needed an angle to reissue the statue and not affect the "collectability" of either the first or second editions. Cynical, but that's business.

Jim said...

Yeah, I understand.

I would have accepted a date or marking on the bottom of the base or foot :)

Anonymous said...

Also since the base is white and to not affect the price on the old models, the new reissue (in addition to a new chest symbol and flipping the black/white bat to black/white) is no longer numbered

Jim said...

I had ordered this statue... but then cancelled it several months back... I just don't really dig this version. I want the "year one" symbol on his chest. :(