Monday, December 28, 2009

UNCANNY COLLECTION "COMPLETE"

YES!!!
I now own X-MEN #100!!!!!

This means I have every issue from GIANT SIZE #1, X-MEN #94-499!!!
So now I own every Chris Claremont issue and those X-Men which feature the Bronze & Modern Age X-Men; Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, etc. [In comic book nerd voice:] I think fellow X-Men fans should understand the significance of this "achievement".

I stopped the X-Collection at #499 because with issue 500 Greg Land became the regular artist (along with rotating Terry Dodson). To be fair, its not ALL Land's fault... I cannot stomach Matt Fraction's X-Men writing either. So, with Land's arrival, I sadly stopped collecting & reading Uncanny X-Men. The line was drawn and crossed.

Looking over my collection I realize that Uncanny X-Men has SUCKED for the past 12 years... I think I will end the collection with Uncanny #350 and ditch #351-499....

Anyway, ever since I was 13 years old, I've been on a mission to own all the X-Men from Giant Size #1, [Uncanny] 94 and up! Mission accomplished! Yay!

Now I'm onto filling those remaining holes of X-Men #1-93....

*thank you, Maker!!!!!!

5 comments:

Homie Bear said...

Nice! I was always too much of a spot collector to achieve something like this- I would buy something if it seemed cool from the cover, then there would be a gap of several years etc.

Anonymous said...

Funny, because I absolutely totally had that issue in M/NM condition for years and years, since I was like 12, and when I was about 22 I sold off 90% of my comic collection and that issue went with it...how much is it "worth" nowadays?

Anonymous said...

Around a 90 bucks depending on the condition

MOCK! said...

Congrats Jim! I find myself looking for fewer and fewer comics these days, but there is nothing like the thrill of crossing one off of the list!

Jim said...

yeah, there's not too many still on my list... outside the expensive issues.

but this was the big one! :)