Friday, April 04, 2008

THE SPIRIT MOVIE

Frank Miller is making THE SPIRIT movie, based on Will Eisner's classic comic & character. I don't know how it will work, nor how Miller is as a director. Miller's own work tends to be very violent and quite sexist. He apparently LOVES Eisner and The Spirit, so I'm hoping for the best... fingers crossed tightly.

One of the cool things about Eisner's Spirit work was his use of text. I wonder if Miller will incorporate that into the film? Back when PANIC ROOM first came out, upon seeing the opening credits, I remember thinking "ooooh, this would have been good for a Spirit movie... if they ever made one"



Below are some pics; posters and greenscreen pics of the upcoming movie.
From the those greenscreen pics, Miller's inexperience DIRECTING films and the very nature/look of The Spirit comic, I fear we may get another DICK TRACY movie... hopefully not...

No comments: