Friday, April 04, 2008

ALIEN RESURRECTION STATUES

SideShow Collectibles has a new ALIEN statue based off the creature design in Alien Resurrection. I think any JimSmash Reader knows I'm not a big fan of the Alien designs post-ALIENS, so I will not be picking this up. The sculpt is nice, though. And the red paint job is kind of odd, although I do truly hate the BROWN Aliens found in Alien3 and Resurrection.

What throws me off is the BASE of this statue, with the Ripley-7 corpse. Are you kidding me?!?!
Honestly, the statue was starting to win me over (because I'm obsessed and need extensive therapy), but that stupid base...give me a break... Anyway, if you want it (or want to see more pics) it's $200 HERE.
---
In addition, they have a new NEWBORN statue. Before the Predalien came into my life like a camp molestor, the Newborn was my one, true Bane, that made me almost cry in the theater (not exaggerating here... again, "obssessed.... need therapy...").

But I will say the sculptor(s) of this statue have done some nice work. The Newborn, as a stand-alone creature separate from the Alien Mythos, looks much better than its film counterpart. In fact, as a creature, its pretty creepy. And again, I am only referring to this statue.

I will say I wish this Newborn statue was GRENDEL'S MOTHER in Zemekis' turdostomy "Beowulf", instead of the video game Angelina Jolie. Anyway, if you look at its base, you can see that its intended to be displayed with the Alien Resurrection Warrior with nude Ripley-7 corpse base.
The Newborn is still fucking stupid.

1 comment:

Fraser Lovatt said...

You know, now that I've seen Cloverfield, the Newborn doesn't seem so bad.