Friday, May 04, 2012

BEHOLD: THE STEVE DILLON HULK

This is from Incredible Hulk #8. I loved Dillon's work on 'Preacher', but this.... dear god... just doesn't work for me at all. Plus Hulk looks like the re-invented Drax the Destroyer... there's a weird full/continual circle thing going on there with that.

I briefly met Dillon once at Comic Con. Great guy. He drew me a killer sketch of The Messiah from 'Preacher'. "Humperdido!" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side Obeservation: Currently, both Hulk and Colossus are sporting shaved heads. 

4 comments:

allen etter said...

Er...um...yeah, it's not Hulk. Where is the hair?

allen etter said...

Sorry. Didn't see the side note about the hair...

Mister Bones said...

Yeah he's a great artist, but not somebody I think of when I think "Hulk artist". Loved him on Punisher Max, but he's not my favorite superhero artist.

Kapibara said...

I'm with you, guys. Frank looks great under Dillons hand. But the Hulk? Not so much. Plus, the baldness idea. WTF? Yeah, I know he [SPOILER] vaporized Banner and got his hair burned [/SPOILER], but this is just wrong. Doeasn't he have a healing factor or something? And Jim, yeah, Hulk does look like Drax.