Thursday, September 10, 2015

AMC'S 'PREACHER' POSTER


Above is the new teaser poster for AMC's adaptation of Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon's 'PREACHER' comic.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in the cheap cliche that is the inverted cross. First off, are people still freaked out by that stuff? I thought we abandoned such silly nonsense after the Reagan 80s. Secondly, the inverted cross invokes thoughts (and I guess fears) of Satanism, which is not a theme of 'Preacher'. So the poster feels very misleading, with juvenile "fear tactics".

Anyway, there's the poster. I hope the series is good and I'm curious how they're going to adapt the story. I seriously cannot imagine 75% of the comic material making it onto screen! Fingers crossed and Humperdumperdoo!


Bonus Pics:

(These actually work, IMO, due to the subject matter and story era)

No comments: