Thursday, January 20, 2011

COOL ALIEN VS PREDATOR KIT - UPDATED!

Check out this sweet statue by JOE DUNAWAY (I've posted other kits by him before). I dig the physique of the Predator and the Artist's Take on the Alien.... no, correction: Its a take on the PREDALIEN.

PredatorStuff posts:
"Take a close look at the base by the way, that's no regular alien gushing acid blood laying there… it's actually a Predalien with a Michael Broom style jaws/mandibles and Cory Schubert head (this probably means nothing to you unless you own the AVPR Inside the Monster Shop book from ADI)."
Interesting... that would explain the larger detail pieces and "enflamed" sides of the dome.... and the mandibles, which I didn't notice in the painted version pics.

More pics HERE... and awesome pics of it unpainted HERE.

Side Note: I do wish fans would make more statues depicting the ALIEN winning, for my own personal geeksake.

*pics via PredatorStuff.com
*additional info thanks to Locusta (found in comments section)

5 comments:

Locusta said...

Jim, here the info:

Model kit is called "Shadow Hunter", made by Sky W. distributed by Nightmare Collectibles and available thru Predatorstuff.com

Here the link: http://www.predatorstuff.com/2010/06/21/nightmare-collectibles-releases-the-shadow-hunter-predator-kit/

and sculpt in progress pix: http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=16787

Have you noticed that it´s an so called (and I know You love them as much as I do ;) ) "PredAlien" there?

Funny, that one looks ages better than the crappy Straussi/ADI sh**.

Locusta said...

Sorry, I almost forgot!

The kit shown in the pictures is painted by my dear Hive fellow Joe Dunaway aka Mangrasshopper (his site: http://www.modelzone.com/).

He is a model kit GOD!

Jim said...

ah yes... that's probably where I found it (Predatorstuff.com)

And Joe Dunaway is awesome!! I've posted other work by him before!

Thanks for the info, Locusta!

Jim said...

Post updated with more info and pics. Thanks again!

Locusta said...

Happy to help.

And about more fanwork of an ALIEN making a Pred suffer.....just gimme some time ;)