The TOYLINE and the COMIC were the driving forces, with Hasbro creating the LOOK and comic writer LARRY HAMA coming up with all the STORIES. So really, the COMIC is the true source to be adapted. The comic was also pretty awesome, while the cartoon was lame, even when I was a little kid. I recommend picking up back issues (there are some collected trades out there, too) of the 80s GIJoe comic by Marvel Comics. A good solid run would be from say GIJoe #21-50.
This a list of those MOMENTS, from the COVERS, that I want to see in the upcoming live-action movie....
1) JOES IN THE SNOW! Classic Commando Snake-Eyes in snow gear ala Han Solo on Hoth. Issue #2. (What, like you don't know I'm a huge dork. Come on people... moving on...)
2) COBRA COMMANDER & DESTRO. In front of a very large screen watching Joes battle their troops. You know you want to see it, too. Issue #18.
3) SILENT WARRIOR! That exact pose of Snake-Eyes, hanging off a building, both taking and returning fire. Rat-at-at-at-at-at!!! Issue #21.
4) COBRA PRISONER. At some point, the Joes have to capture Cobra Commander and have a shot like this cover. Those silly Joes think they've won the day. But little do they realize Storm Shadow will soon slip past their defenses and free Cobra Commander, leaving a trail of dead Joe bodies in his wake. Silly Joes. Issue #23.
5) FLYING COBRA COMMANDER. The comic and the cartoon had Cobra Commander flying around in the Cobra C.L.A.W. It's sweet and I wanna see it. Also, this would be where Cobra Commander escapes... so I also want to see Roadblock back tackle Storm Shadow! Issue #24.
6) SNAKE-EYES VS STORM SHADOW. The classic chase through the city, including the subway car. Issue #27
7) DESTRO VS SNAKE-EYES. Destro fucks up Snake-Eyes' shit! Issue #31
8) AERIAL DOGFIGHT! Rattler vs Skystriker! Issues #34
9) DESTRO VS STORM SHADOW. "Can you outrun a bullet?" Issue #38
10) HARDCORE BATTLE! At some point, we must feel the terrorfying might of Cobra. I want to see the best of the best running for their lives. Back to Hoth... I want a retreat scene! "CO-BRAAAA!!!!"
---11) NIGHTMARE SCENE. Just like the cover. I want to see that image, firing away as bullets fling forth from the gun. A good 6-10 seconds... starting off in real-time and moving into kickass dramatic slo-mo. Issue #43
12) ZARTAN ARCHER. I want atleast one scene with Zartan being a badass with a bow and arrow. Issue #45.
13) BROTHERS! Oh man, look at that cover with Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. If it was a trilogy, this would be the end of the 3rd movie. Snake-Eyes has successfully brought back his friend and clansmen from Cobra's brainwashing. Together, they slice & dice their way through the halls of the Cobra lair and take out Cobra Commander. Issue #46.
14) FLINT IN FREEFALL. Flint ejects from his plane and as he's parachuting down, he's taking fire from a Cobra plane. Returning fire, Flint takes out the Jet (cause he's a badass) and then makes a "First Blood" landing through trees. Issue #54.
15) STRIKE A POSE! Coolest Snake-Eyes pose ever!! I want that freaking pose. Samaruai sword in hand, laying down an uzi-spray of awesome. Go ahead and have each character on that Yearbook cover strike their poses and it's Christmas morning. Issue Yearbook #2.
Previous: Top Cobras, Top Joes, Cobra Commander's Kick-Ass Plan, Top Cobra Vehicles, H.I.S.S. Tank Spotlight, Top GIJoe Vehicles, Snake-Eyes 1st Look, Snake-Eyes 2nd Look