Monday, May 04, 2015

ROSS (NOW SOPHIA) CAMPBELL REVEALS SHE IS TRANS


Her art is bananas and I highly recommend her kickass 'GLORY' run, now available in a single oversized hardcover! Her issues of IDW's current 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' were also pretty sweet! I hope she hits the convention circuit in the future.


via Digital Spy:

Comics creator Ross Campbell has come out as trans and will now go by the name Sophie Campbell.

The Jem and the Holograms artist explained that her transition is the reason she has been absent from recent conventions.


"It's time to stop hiding," wrote Campbell on her blog. "I'm transgender and over the past year i've been transitioning and I'm sick of keeping it all a secret.

"I'm on hormones now so i figured now is the time to come out. I'm going by Sophia but Sophie for short.

"I don't really feel proud or confident or anything, it's a nightmare, but maybe I'll get there one day."

Campbell added on Twitter that her transition has been the reason for her lack of public appearances, and that she does not expect to appear at any events for the "foreseeable future".



Campbell is the creator of Wet Moon and collaborated with Joe Keatinge on Image Comics' acclaimed Glory reinvention.

IDW launched Campbell and Kelly Thompson's Jem and the Holograms #1 on March 25.


No comments: