Tuesday, January 15, 2013

YA KNOW, I'M KINDA DIGGIN' THE NEW CYCLOPS LOOK

 
 
 
I'm not quite sure how it works with his powers... but they've planted the seed that his powers are all wonka-doo post-AVX. I think we're all a little messed up after AVX. What I can't stand is that stupid "Revoluion X-Arm-Cross" sillyness. Really, Marvel??

Anyway, Cyclops' new look debuts in the relaunched 'Uncanny X-Men' #1 (2/13/13). Yes, Marvel already relaunched 'Uncanny X-Men' with a new #1 back in November 2011. But this is a NEW-new #1. Bah!

*Note: Skull-Cap Cyclops (Byrne/Smith era, Fall of the Mutants era, and Astonishing Whedon) are my favorite Cyclops.

6 comments:

Mark Farbrother said...

The new Cyclops costume kind of reminds me of a mixture of Judge Dredd meets Tron. The head looks like a compact Judge's helmet, and the costume is a 'Fear Itself' type of Tron combo. I agree with the silly crossed arms, they look like they're waiting for their 'X-Factor' auditions. Maybe Simon Cowell is the new Cyclops?!

Norris said...

He looks like Racer X from "Speed Racer".

Jim said...

Totally.
(You noticed the 4th pic, right?)

James S said...

Not a fan. He was designed with the single strip visor by Kirby based on the name Cyclops.
He looks like his name should be X-Face now.

Jim said...

hahaha, can't argue that!

I love the All-New, All-Different Cyclops visor and the X-Factor (v01) visor, myself.

And with Cyclops, a skullcap is a must for me :)

GC said...

Didn't the EARTH X Daredevil also have a similar design?