The Punisher is described as an hour-long procedural with a Marvel signature and a new take on one of the comic book giant’s iconic characters, Frank Castle, a rising star detective with the New York Police Department who moonlights as the vigilante Punisher, seeking justice for those the system has failed.For fuck's sake. Sigh, if its not The Punisher, then don't call it "The Punisher"!!
You know, The Punisher is quite possibly the most simplistic character and easiest to "get right"... yet NO ONE has been able to do this, with 3 fucking films released thus far. It's not that complicated, people:
* The Punisher is a [Vietnam] Vet.
* His Family is the only thing that gets him through & helps him hold onto his Humanity.
* His Wife & 2 children were gunned down in front of him by mobsters.
* Frank Castle, the man, the husband, the father, dies that day.
* All that remains is the Soldier, the Survivor - THE PUNISHER.
* The War Continues.... as The Punisher kills criminals for the rest of his life.