Wednesday, October 22, 2014

RELUCTANT PURCHASE: REACTION'S PINHEAD FIGURE


Ever since Funko took over the ReAction series from Super7, the line has been pretty damn shitty if you ask me. They're so cheap looking with little-to-no creative thought to the sculpting and packaging. I've been putting off my rant about it because I get too flustered.....

Now, with that said.... I do enjoy any HELLRAISER toys produced, so I'm considering picking up this Pinhead in celebration of this year's Halloween. I'll ditch the packaging because of the shitty card design and its the super lame Hellraiser III (I'll assume they couldn't get the rights to Hellraiser or Hellraiser II?).  I'd love a complete set of Cenobites from the first 2 movies.... (and maybe Angelique from Hellraiser IV). But if they don't have the rights for those first 2, I would imagine we'll never see those figures. Lame.

Anyway, yay [crappy] Pinhead toy.

1 comment:

Timewaster said...

I reluctantly bought the Jason, Freddy, Michael and Pinhead figures when Entertainment Earth had them all onsale for 20% off. I really don't understand the packaging on these. The image of Jason on the packaging looks like a video print out and not a photograph.

Also, there are 2 Snake Plissken figures, called "Snake Plissken A" and "Snake Plissken B." Not sure why one couldn't be called "Snake Plissken", and the other called "Street Fight Snake Plissken" or something like that.