Tuesday, September 17, 2013

THE NEW NEW 52 LOBO

So above is the new-New 52 LOBO from DC Comics (apparently the other New52 Lobo was an imposter or something). Instead of the big badass Intergalactic Biker Bastich, Lobo is now a skinny, androgynous, emo Twihard with Gundam hair.

This new "Twilight Lobo" is an outrage! Does DC not understand the history of this character? I demand the editors of DC return Lobo to his ORIGINAL look... from when he debuted in 'The Omega Men' #3:

 Here are some unused redesigns by Kenneth Rocafort...
...which look more like how most fans think of Lobo -
King Diamond on super steroids.

 "Bite me, Fanboy."

bonus pic:
Lobo Style!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just feel sad......

Anonymous said...

WOW. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!

Whomever green-lit this needs to be slapped.

Unknown said...

The other designs don't look that good either. Like is it just me, or does ONLY the Biker look really just scream "Lobo"?

Jim said...

You are not alone, Randy.

Anonymous said...

"Does DC not understand the history of this character? I demand the editors of DC return Lobo to his ORIGINAL look... from when he debuted in 'The Omega Men' #3:"

I don't think you understand the history of the character, either. It looks like DC was trying to take Lobo back to his 80s routes, when he was a lean, hardboiled villain (which isn't a bad thing).

Jim said...

I was being facetious.

At the time of this post, I was hearing a large, vocal fanbase screaming that the New52 should be returned to his "original" (their words) version, which they would point to the "Big Intergalactic Biker" (and Bastich) version. So I was pointing out that the original was actually the version from Omega Men, which meant "their version" was actually a changed version - that perhaps fans of Lobo from the beginning hate the Biker Version.

So I'm actually in agreement with you. :D