Wednesday, November 03, 2010

TIM BURTON'S SUPERMAN SUIT

Check out these pics of the Tim Burton SUPERMAN SUIT... which NICHOLAS CAGE was going to wear. I'm not going to smash all over it - too easy. Instead...

Ya know, there's a part of me that wants to see this version. It would be so far removed from the source material, so fucking crazy & a perversion of Superman, that it might "shine" in its own way.

On some level, it could "work" as Kryptonian Garb. But not the regular Superman suit. Maybe the Eradicator....? I'd love to hear Kevin Smith's take on this.

Kinda reminds me of M.Turner's "GODFALL"...
That's right - Super Kryptonian Manga Bike! I'm always entertained at attempts to make Superman "Cool, hip and dark". Those people who want that simply do not understand the character and what he represents. If you're going to mess with Supes (Godfall, Electric, Black Suit, Long Hair, etc) apply those ideas to SUPERBOY (Connor).

More Suit Pics HERE on Steve Johnson's Facebook Page.

*Note: I did enjoy "Godfall", as a short self-contained (more or less) story.

8 comments:

Timewaster said...

Kevin Smith did talk about some of this on Howard Stern years ago. Part of the story was about how the producer (John Peters I think) laid out some ground rules, and one of them was he didn't want to see Superman in the blue and red suit again. He also said he didn't want to see Superman fly.

I'd also read a draft of Kevin Smith's screenplay, and in it he died, but came back to life. But like in the comics, he had to wear a different suit to augment his weakened powers.

I read the script years and years ago, but I remember it being kind of bland. And also having this weird cameo where, during a city-wide wake for Superman, Batman appears on a huge screen to address Metropolis and say basically "Sorry, I can't help you guys - I got my hands full in Gotham." Just felt really strange and out of character for Batman.

Frank Gillespie said...

As long a Kal El fights a Thangarian Snare Beast in that suit I'm happy with it.

Jim said...

Right, but in addition I'd like to hear Smith's take on these pictures. I don't think he's ever commented on this costume.... right?

Frank Gillespie said...

No, I don't he ever did comment on any part of the production process. I seem to remember him saying that after he turned in his script and was told it was Burton's baby he had nothing more to do with the movie.

G said...

He talks about His experience in a short Doumentary " an Evening with Kevin Smith"

- The Super-man story was f'n hilarious....

Jim said...

I never get tired of listening to that!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the face castlook like Nicolas Cage? For Superman? ...

AngelJackets.com said...

Our products are no good!