Sunday, January 19, 2014

FLEA MARKET SCORES

 I picked up a few things today at a local FLEA MARKET.....

 
2  issues of STARLOG spotlighting 'ALIENS' for $1 each.
I already have the Vasquez one, which I had Jennette Goldstein sign, but I couldn't break up the set.

3 issues of TALES TO ASTONISH featuring THE HULK that I needed, and one ACTION COMICS issue with a fantastic cover of Superman World Domination. $1 each.

MARS ATTACKS KISS, TRANSFORMERS, and GHOSTBUSTERS
50-cents each

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR #1-9
50-cents each!

 Loose McQUARRIE CONCEPT STORMTROOPER figure w/o accessories. $2.

I almost bought this HULK...

 ...but I think the photo alone is good enough.

-----------------------


And here are some items I saw, didn't buy, but took a pick to share:

 
Armored angel with flaming sword painting. 
If not for the cross, I might of bought this!

 $3,000 for the Cain! Wantie.

COMMANDER SELA figure.
Actually, I regret not buying her.

----------------------------

and I forgot to post this...


So the last time we were at the Flea Market, Mrs Smash secretly bought this Scout Trooper Blaster toy from 'Return of the Jedi' and gave it to me for Christmas! Love this woman!

8 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

You have no idea how lucky you guys in the states are. We get NOTHING out here in Mexico! Wish I could come back!

IsuzuGeek said...

Dude, is that Cain a custom? Or was that a legit model that someone put out? Never seen it before. "Jesus, had days like this."

Also, this flea market you speak of, is it this?

http://www.frankandsonshow.net/

I heard about it and I need to hit this up next time I am down there.

Jim said...

The seller said it was a maquette given to some of the fx crew. Shrug.

Nah, this was the Long Beach Flea Market.

I went to Frank & Sons once and didn't care for it... it was all late-90s and 2000s stuff, and overpriced. I havent' gone back since.

IsuzuGeek said...

Hmmmm, good to know about Frank & Sons. I only recently heard about that place. Long Beach Flea Market, huh? I guess I will add that to my next LA agenda. Thanks.

Jim said...

I only had the one experience with Frank & Sons, so maybe its usually better??

The Long Beach one is every 3rd sunday of the month. There's also the Pascedena flea market and rose bowl flea market. One is first sunday, the other is 2nd sunday?? I know they spread them out so you don't have to choose one over the other! There's also one on Melrose near Fairfax.... I haven't been to it in years, but assume it still goes on... not sure its schedule, tho. But whenever you're in LA next, you should be able to find ONE flea market! :)

Kim Dubuisson said...

OMG!!!!

You should have picked up that Joker van, Mgo Hulk and Spidey, MOTU playset and Piper!!!

Feel like crying!!!!

Jim said...

Haha, well I'm on a tight budget.

Plus I already have my Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain from childhood, and Mego Hulk and Spidey.

They were selling Snake Mountain for $80, and Grayskull for $100.

Jim said...

Shit, I forgot to post the DEATHSTROKE comics I picked up... will udpate post tonight when I get home from work.