Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HELLO HOORAY FOR ALICE COOPER!!!

ALICE COOPER has finally been nominated for the ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME! I know its a ridiculous institution, but its always nice to be invited to the party, ya know?

Alice posts:

"On behalf of Dennis (Dunaway), Neal (Smith), Michael (Bruce) and the late great Glen (Buxton), we are honored to be nominated for induction in to the Hall. Anytime you are nominated in your chosen profession, it's definitely a compliment to be recognized.

It's hard to fathom possibly being in the same club as artists who inspired us originally, like the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys, the Who, the Yardbirds, and Chuck Berry, and to be nominated the same year as legendary artists like my personal favorite songwriter of all time, Laura Nyro, as well as Donovan, who sang on our "Billion Dollar Babies" record, and our good friends in Bon Jovi, is a great feeling.

Five guys starting a band, just hoping to meet girls and drink free beer, rehearsing and playing local bars five hours a night for the first few years -- that was us. We came up with the theatrics and made every effort not to sacrifice the music one bit; we thought it was like our job to bring theatrics to rock 'n' roll. And then, amazingly enough, we were having a bunch of massive hit records which was proof that theatricality and rock 'n' roll could, in fact, be joined successfully. We've been told that we revolutionized the live concert experience and if that's truly the case and it's led to this nomination for induction into the Hall of Fame, the only thing to say is, of course, "There's no business like show business!" - Alice Cooper

Congrats, Alice!


By the way, the new "THEATER OF DEATH" live performance dvd (of the same named 2009 World Tour) is now available in the U.S. (October Worldwide). Gotta pick it up!

3 comments:

Timewaster said...

I'm so glad for Alice. I saw the "Theater of Death" show live when they were at the Nokia last year - it was a great show. But since I've got like 3 live albums from him, I think I'll just download the few random tracks from the show he did that I don't have live.

Jim said...

Ooooh, which live albums?

gimmie!

Timewaster said...

I have "The Alice Cooper Show" which is from the 70's.

Then I have "A Fistfull of Alice" which came out in the late 90's, recorded at Cabo Wabo. That's actually a great one.

Then I bought "Live at Montreaux" which came out a couple years ago. It's pretty good.

I also tried to put together a playlist of the Theater of Death show I saw with songs from all three albums, but there were still some songs he did when I saw him that I hadn't heard him do live before or were on any of the three albums. Pretty cool.